Thursday, July 1, 2010

Get a Better Pocket with Rawlings’ Pro I Web

If you're looking for a smaller, lighter web pattern in your glove, take a look at the Pro I web.

Originally known as the H web, Rawlings designed and patented the Pro I web in 1940.

The single post reinforced bottom web is popular with infielders, including pro second baseman Chase Utley and third baseman Adrian Beltre. Because the web does not tie to the crotch of the glove, the laces allow you to shape the pocket better.

Shermantx of Sherman, Texas, found his Pro Preferred 11.75 inch 2-Tone glove with Pro I web (model number PROS17IC2T) worth the money. In an online review at RawlingsGear.com, he wrote: "Very good glove, took a while to break in, but stands up well. Dirt goes through webbing easy. Doesn't lose shape like other gloves."

Gdbrog of Cypress, Texas, has been satisfied with his Rawlings Pro Series 11.5 inch glove with Pro I web (model number RPS115I): "I've worked with young kids for several years. I've also played second base on a softball tourney team. It broke in with little effort and is always ready to play. For the money ... it's a great quality glove. My friends don't believe I paid under $100 for it. I doubt I'll ever have to buy another one. Great glove, Rawlings!"

The web is the heart of the glove. It is the piece that connects the fingers and thumb of the glove and allows for secure control of the ball. Rawlings introduced lacing to the web in 1948 with the PM1 and now has a complete line of webs customized to meet the fielding needs of players at each position.

Visit RawlingsGear.com or contact a Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative at (866) 678-GEAR(4327) for more information on gloves with the Pro I web.

No comments: